From "HODAC, Olivier" <OLIVIER.HO...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: appending a child element in a document
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:25:25 GMT
I found a solution to make this work with your information

I want to underline that the valuable/quick support/advice of this mail list I would have
dropped the batik solution. And it certainly would have been a big mistake!

So,

I add a rendering listener

            addGVTTreeRendererListener(new GVTTreeRendererAdapter() {

                  public void gvtRenderingCompleted(GVTTreeRendererEvent arg0) {

                        SvgRepaintEngine.getInstance().renderingComplete();

                  }

            });

And my SvgRepaintEngine does this:

      public void push(final UpdateTask todo) {

            <...wait canvas initialized (by GVTTreeBuildComplete)...>

            if (useUpdateQueue) {

                  canvas.getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(new Runnable()
{

                        public void run() {

                             todo.doit(canvas.getSVGDocument()); //modifies the document

                        }

                  });

            } else {

                  todo.doit(canvas.getSVGDocument()); //directly modifies the document

            }

            <...calls the remote clients...>

      }

      public void renderingComplete() {

            useUpdateQueue = true;

      }

It seems to work. Like you said, I will merge the UpdateTasks to make bundles and modify coherent
parts in 1 runnable