From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: My canvas does not display some changes
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:09:45 GMT
Hi Olivier,

dao <dao.hodac@gmail.com> wrote on 01/16/2010 07:03:08 AM:

> I have reduced the problem. here are the 3 java files to use with batik
1.7.

[...]

> I am very interested in knowing if it is a mistake from me or if I
> am sitting on a bug.

   It is a mistake in your code.  Unfortunately I think I caused it ;)
Do you remember when you asked:

>> Actually, I created the anim elements with the namespace
>> "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg".
>> It is in fact null... how can I know which element belongs to which
namespace?

And I responded:

>   Attributes that don't have a prefix (i.e. xlink:) should
> be in the null namespace.  Attributes that have a prefix should be
> in the namespace associated with that prefix.  In SVG this means that
> essentially only the xlink attributes need namespaces.

    Note that you asked about 'elements' and I responded about
'attributes'.
Elements are things like: 'svg', 'g', 'path', etc.  Attributes are the
values
associated those elements like: 'viewBox', 'x', 'y', 'width', 'height',
etc.

    Your problem is that you took my answer about attributes and applied
it
to Elements.  So in SvgMaskLayer if you replace all the
createElementNS(null, ...)
with createElementNS(SVGConstants.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI, ...) it will work.

    So then to actually answer your original question of how to know what
namespace to create _elements_ with in Batik all the elements of interest
are in the SVG namespace.  There are a few elements that are in a private
Batik namespace (and of course you can create your own elements in any
namespace
you like) but in general you probably won't use those.

> 2010/1/16 Helder Magalhães <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
> Hi Dao,
>

> > Sorry about the confusion. It is not a mask in SVG terms. The maskfor
me is
> > just a business term.

> Oops... ;-)
>

> > Technically, it is just an element, like an other which is in a <g>
appended
> > before the first rendering. It is appended directly to the SVG root
element

> Yeah, when Thomas recalled about the referenced content (mask, in this
> case) not being updated live it seemed like the best hint. If you
> state it's just a usual element and that it's already in the document
> tree when the first rendering is done, then it's weird... :-|
>
> Can you create and attach a reduced test case which reproduces this
> symptom? (Apparently it would need to be Java application code, as
> you've stated that it opens in Squiggle as expected -- else I'd
> suggest only attaching the SVG source.) Although probably not part of
> the cause, please state your environment as well (Java version, OS,
> Batik version or revision, ...).
>

> Cheers,
>  Helder

> Dao Hodac[attachment "wspTmp.zip" deleted by Thomas E.
DeWeese/449433/EKC]