ahhhhhh!

thank you, I will sleep well tonight!

I works now.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 2:09 PM, <thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote:
Hi Olivier,

dao <dao.hodac@gmail.com> wrote on 01/16/2010 07:03:08 AM:

> I have reduced the problem. here are the 3 java files to use with batik 1.7.

[...]

> I am very interested in knowing if it is a mistake from me or if I
> am sitting on a bug.

† †It is a mistake in your code. †Unfortunately I think I caused it ;)
Do you remember when you asked:

http://www.w3.org/2000/svg".†
>> It is in fact null... how can I know which element belongs to which namespace?

And I responded:

>† †Attributes that don't have a prefix (i.e. xlink:) should
> be in the null namespace. †Attributes that have a prefix should be

> in the namespace associated with that prefix. †In SVG this means that

> essentially only the xlink attributes need namespaces.

† † Note that you asked about 'elements' and I responded about 'attributes'.
Elements are things like: 'svg', 'g', 'path', etc. †Attributes are the values
associated those elements like: 'viewBox', 'x', 'y', 'width', 'height', etc.

† † Your problem is that you took my answer about attributes and applied it
to Elements. †So in SvgMaskLayer if you replace all the createElementNS(null, ...)
with createElementNS(SVGConstants.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI, ...) it will work.

† † So then to actually answer your original question of how to know what
namespace to create _elements_ with in Batik all the elements of interest
are in the SVG namespace. †There are a few elements that are in a private
Batik namespace (and of course you can create your own elements in any namespace
you like) but in general you probably won't use those.