From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik Transcoder jar size
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:55:30 GMT
Hi Teck Hua Lee,

> From my experiments, I need the following jars for my transcoder to work
> correctly during runtime. This comes up to about 4MB.
> Do you guys have any suggestions on how to reduce the distribution size? Is
> there a Batik tiny distro?

AFAIK, there isn't a "Batik tiny" distribution . You should be able to
shrink the current one by:
 * Taking a look at the Jar dependency graph [1] (note: outdated!) and
remove the unneeded ones;
 * Use proguard [2] to shrink the Jars. You'll find posts in the
mailing list archives about this and. I'd suggest that, if you take
this path, then you'll share your results afterward. ;-)

> Thanks.

Hope this helps,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/install.html#dependencyGraph