From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: event targets
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:05:58 GMT
Hi Hodac,

dao <dao.hodac@gmail.com> wrote on 04/27/2010 05:41:10 AM:

> I try to make some elements of my SVG canvas clickable.
> Unfortunately, they are under other elements that are either not
> visible or semi transparent (they belong to other layers).

   Any elements (or groups/layers) that you do not want to receive
events should have the 'pointer-events' attribute set to 'none'.

> I add a listener on my element:
> EventTarget control = (EventTarget) getCanvas().getSVGDocument
> ().getElementById(id);
> control.addEventListener("click", new RemoteClickListener(id,
> getRemoteEngine()), false);
>
> but the event is not catched. If I remove the elements that are over
> the target element, it works.

   Setting pointer-events to none is effectively the same as
removing the elements for the purposes of delivering events.

        http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html#Events-flow