From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: resizing SWT embedded JSVGCanvas
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:46:51 GMT
Hi Michael,

Michael Jurke <jurke@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote on 04/27/2010 06:27:11 AM:

> After resizing, batik rendering get's strange behavior. Sometimes, on
> smaller window, parts get rendered doubled on the downside or cheesy
> background stays somehow. Sometimes rendering stucks completely although

> the UpdateManager works. Making the window big again, somehow magically
> repairs the rendering.

   If I had to guess something goes bad in the SWT<->Swing connection
on resize.  My best guess would be the problem is related to our update
handling.  In particular you might look at JSVGComponent in particular
the 'updateCompleted' method (~line 1971).  I could imagine that the
'repaint' and/or paintImmediately could have problems, especially given
the use of invokeAndWait.

   You might see if doing a simple repaint of everything avoids the
issues (this would be less efficient but much more efficient than
setting the whole document).