From LCID Fire <lcid-f...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Synchronous drawing
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:48:27 GMT
On 06/15/2010 12:37 PM, thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:
> Hi Lcid,
>
> LCID Fire<lcid-fire@gmx.net>  wrote on 06/09/2010 04:05:35 PM:
>
>> I recently switched from SVGSalamander to Batik due to the css support
>> it has. Now I face a serious problem with the way Batik is asynchronous
>> painting the Component. I have multiple Components layered via
>> JLayeredPanel. For the case where a lower SVG takes longer to be drawn
>> than an upper one these layers get mixed together and the gui gets
>> scrambled. So my question is: Is there a way to make the painting
>> synchronous?
>
>          There is no simple way to make the painting synchronous.
> You could probably subclass the canvas and add synchronizing code
> so that none of the canvas updates could complete until they were
> all ready to go.
I tried something similar but it got really complicated really fast
(especially since Batik DOES sync with Swing threads for it's
Listeners). Since having no other way to go I now convert all SVGs to
PNG - which is kind of contra productive to begin with. I'll probably
just have to rip out all SVG support alltogether again :(
Shame really.

Thanks for answering