From Julien Beghin <minimoi1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: SVG Colors inversion
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:29:35 GMT

Thanks Thomas,

I am going to have a look at the new advices you gave me.

The CSSS one seems great.

I'm gonna try to add this first, as I didn't managed to find a correct matrix doing all the
job ;)

>> I'am going to give this a try.
>> And going to try to fidn the matrix I've got to create ^^

>        Filters are worth a try, but you might find that
> feComponentTransfer is faster and easier to work with.

>> It's hard to say if this would be more performant, but this might be
>> a good use case for feColorMatrixElement

>      This could work but it involves a lot more work than the
>feComponentTransfer case (which is just a simple table lookup).

Yeah in fact it is hard to find the correct matrix to use !

>> One part of this project consists in a kind of color inversion of
>> some elements in the displayed SVG.
>>
>> In fact, only black(resp white) have to be converted in  white(resp black).

>        This actually sounds like an excellent place to use CSS style sheets.
>The simplest way (although perhaps not the fastest) would be to use a selector
>with both descendent, attribute and class bits.  Something like
>
>        svg[invert=false] .fill { fill: black }
>        svg[invert=true]  .fill { fill: white }
>
>        svg[invert=false] .fillStroke { fill: black; stroke: white }
>        svg[invert=true]  .fillStroke { fill: white; stroke: black }
>
>        The other possible option would be to use alternate Style sheets
>that do something similar (might be a little faster).
>
>        Then simply setting the 'invert' attribute on the root SVG element
>should cause the colors to swap for all of the elements with an appropriate
>'class' attribute.

>       http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html#descendant-selectors

Installez gratuitement les nouvelles Emoch'ticones !
http://www.ilovemessenger.fr/emoticones/telecharger-emoticones-emochticones.aspx