From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: unlinking a use element from its symbol
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:31:15 GMT
Hi Dao,

dao <dao.hodac@gmail.com> wrote on 06/09/2010 10:48:41 AM:

> Now, I set a mouse move event handler on the <g> element, I modify
> the "transform" element but nothing hapends. I save the modified
> document (ie: does not contain the use element anymore) and reopen
> it (new canvas) and it works now.

        I don't quite follow but see comments below.

> By the way, perhaps the unlink from symbol facility exists in batik?

        No it doesn't.

>         String x="0";
>         String y="0";
        [...]

        There are three problems here.  First you quoted the 'y'
and "0" is never pointer equal to "y".  Second rarely is
"0" pointer equal to "0", you need to use the 'equals'
method on string, and third you probably wanted "or" not "and".

        if ((!"0".equals(y)) || (!"0".equals(y)))