From Christian Bockermann <christian.bockerm...@udo.edu>
Subject ClassCast Error
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:12:43 GMT
Hi!

Thanks again for helping me out with my former problem. I got my conversion
running in a standalone Java application. Batik is doing excellent!!

However, as soon as I deploy my code into a web-application I run into some
class-cast errors:

Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.<init>(SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:123)
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.<init>(ImageTranscoder.java:75)
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.PNGTranscoder.<init>(PNGTranscoder.java:44)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.batik.extension.svg.BatikDomExtension
cannot be cast to org.apache.batik.dom.DomExtension
	at org.apache.batik.dom.ExtensibleDOMImplementation.getDomExtensions(ExtensibleDOMImplementation.java:280)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.ExtensibleDOMImplementation.<init>(ExtensibleDOMImplementation.java:95)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.<init>(SVGDOMImplementation.java:91)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.<clinit>(SVGDOMImplementation.java:1596)
	... 15 more

I suspect this to be related to DOM implementations, e.g. one provided by the
servlet-container (jetty) or the like. Does anyone have experiences with that?

Best regards,

    Christian