From Joe Pairman <joeyp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OK to rescale SVG in PDF by changing just width and height values?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:24:26 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:15 PM,  <thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Joe Pairman <joeyp2008@gmail.com> wrote on 07/21/2010 03:20:49 AM:
>
>> Thanks for the tip, Jonathan. I tried a couple of test cases and it
>> seems the default is fine for that.
>
>    Just a word of caution that this will only work if the document
> has a viewBox attribute.

Thanks. That's good to know. It *seems* that SVGs exported from
Illustrator always have a viewBox, but I'll check.

>> I have a follow-up question. Is it possible to use Batik via the
>> Windows command line to change the width and height values by a
>> certain percentage?
>
>     I'm not aware of a way to do that.  You can set the width and
> height from the command line but you can't change them by a percentage.
>
>> I read that the transcoder could change these
>> values, but all the information I can find so far concerns the
>> transcoder API; not anything directly accessible via the command line.
>
>    If you run the rasterizer with no arguments it should print help text.

I should have explained more clearly. I actually want to change the
width and height values in the source SVG, as I'm using the SVG
directly in PDFs. If Batik (from the command line) offered either a
way to scale those by a certain percentage, or at least to get the
original values and then change them, that would be very helpful. But
it's looking like I need to use another tool.

I'm using the rasterizer to convert the same SVGs for web output, not
PDF. I just thought that as I need Batik for that, it would be neat if
I could also use Batik to edit the source SVG for PDF output.

Cheers,
Joe