From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: ClassCast Error
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:11:44 GMT
Hi Christian,

Christian Bockermann <christian.bockermann@udo.edu> wrote on 07/19/2010
04:12:43 PM:

> However, as soon as I deploy my code into a web-application I run into
some
> class-cast errors:

> org.apache.batik.extension.svg.BatikDomExtension cannot be cast to
> org.apache.batik.dom.DomExtension

    This indicates that you have Batik in two independent classpath
domains within the servlet container (or what ever the web app is
talking to.

    You can tell this because if you look at
org.apache.batik.extension.svg.BatikDomExtension it _does_ extend
org.apache.batik.dom.DomExtension.  So the only possible reason
to get this exception is if there are two instances of the class
"org.apache.batik.dom.DomExtension".

    If none of this makes sense to you then you need to find a
class path guru and have them help you sort out your class path
in the servlet engine.

    Good luck.