From Peter Hull <peterhul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cropping of thick strokes
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:33:07 GMT
Thanks Thomas and Wade,

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM,  <thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote:
>> > Just for my information, is that to do with Batik's implementation or
>> > is it in the SVG spec (I couldn't find the relevant section)
>
>         It's getting clipped by the 'symbol' element's clipping rectangle.
> If you read the symbol and use sections of the SVG Spec:
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html
Now I've read that, I've realised that I don't need to use 'symbol'
anyway for my purposes, just reference a rect defined in a <defs>
section. The rect of course is not subject to clipping like the symbol
contents inside their implicit svg.

Follow up question - why are the rect's right and bottom edges not
also clipped? I see that the implicit svg will be assigned
width="100%" height="100%" because no explicit size was specified in
the use element, so does the calculation of a rect's size include its
nominal width + half a stroke?

Pete