From Ryan Noon <rmn...@gmail.com>
Subject Exporting a RadialGradientPaint
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:56:32 GMT
Hi All,

I just started learning Batik and I'm really amazed by it so far!  I'm
kind of new to SVG to please bear with me.

I've got a Java 2D method that draws a circle of nodes connected by
edges.  Each node is drawn using a java.awt.RadialGradientPaint (see
attached circle_swing.png).

When I try to render this to an SVG using SVGGraphics2D everything
goes fine except that the nodes are drawn as a solid color, which I
believe is the color of the last node.  (see attached circle_svg.png
and circle.svg).

How can I get the radial gradients to draw properly?  I've read that
they exist in SVG and the Batik status list says they're supported
currently.

The export code I'm using is a direct port of the tutorial here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/svg-generator.html

I'm using the latest SVN of Batik on OS X Lion with the Apple JRE.

Thanks!

Ryan