From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getBBox() returns null
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:04:19 GMT
Hi fireball,
	I suggest that you add the content and then set the properties.

	Otherwise the result of getBBox may well be wrong. There are many properties that affect
how text is rendered that will be inherited where the element is inserted in the document,
so any calculation you make outside of it's final place in the document has a decent chance
of being wrong.
	If you add it and set the properties in one Runnable (sent to the UpdateManager's RunnableQueue)
then it won't be rendered until your runnable exits.

	If you really need to do this outside of the document (and I strong recommend against it
in general) you can check out the link Jonathan gave for booting the SVG & CSS Dom.  However
once again I must point out that for that to give you useful results the CSS context must
be the same as where it will eventually be inserted into the document.

	Thomas