From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to resolve SVGOMUseElement fragments?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:51:49 GMT
Hi Michael,
   The easiest way to convert the SVG to DXF would be to track down a DXF Graphics2D implementation
and simply have the SVG document draw it's self to that DXF Graphics2D.

    That said if you really want to do this you need to use some stuff that isn't part of
the standard XML DOM to access the Use elements.  In Batik there is a special element SVGOMUseElement
and SVGOMUseShadowRoot.
You can get from the SVGOMUseElement to the SVGOMUseShadowRoot with the getCSSFirstChild which
lets you get into the use element's shadow element tree.

    Thomas

On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:04 AM, Michael.Osterholt@Emerson.com wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I'm very new to batik, and I spent several hours with Google to find a solution for my
problem, but without success.
> I'm trying to parse a SVG which uses several "use" tags with "xlink:href". The goal is
to transform the svg into dxf format. The "parent" SVG can consist of many use-tags, that
address external SVG files with fragments (#):

> <svg>
> 	<use xlink:href="file:/C:/files/mySVG_1.SVG#Fragment_1" x="0" y="0"/>
> 	<use xlink:href="file:/C:/files/mySVG_2.SVG#Fragment_2" x="0" y="0"/>
> </svg>
>

> The external files themselves consist of several group-tags, that can be addressed by
internal fragments again, e. g. "mySVG_1.SVG":

> <svg>
> 	<g id=" Fragment_1" >
> 		<use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#internalFragment_1"/>
> 		<use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#internalFragment_2"/>
> 	</g>
> 	<g id="internalFragment_1" >
> 		<circle cx="491.5" cy="130" r="12.5" />
> 		<path d="M 477 210 L 513 210 L 513 50 L 477 50  z" />
> 	</g>
> 	<g id="internalFragment_2" >
> 	</g>
> </svg>
>

> What I need is the "primitives" of the "internalFragment_1" (circles, paths, rectangles,
etc.) to pass them to the appropriate dxf-methods.
> In my SVG-parsing code I can detect the "SVGOMUseElement". I "manually" load the external
SVG (e. g. "mySVG_1.SVG") and recursively call my parsing method with it:

> void myTransform(Document doc, dxfContext);
> else if (node instanceof SVGOMUseElement)
> {
> 	Document innerDoc = loadDocument(XLinkSupport.getXLinkHref((Element) n));
> 	if (innerDoc != null)
> 	{
> 		myTransform(innerDoc, dxfContext);
> 	}
> 	else
> 	{
> 		//if loadDocument (my own method) returns null, the link target was not an external
file but a simple internal fragment
> 		//what to do here to resolve the internalFragments down to the primitives?
> 	}
>

> But when I get the internal SVGOMUseElement addressed by "Fragment_1" I don't know how
to resolve the content of the addressed "internalFragment_1". There are no childNodes or a
shadowtree or something like that.