Hi Andy,

   Yes you can obtain a valid bbox in a headless environment.  You'll need to boot the svg and dom css.....

http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-batik/BootSvgAndCssDom

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Andy Fendley <andy@fendley.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding using Batik in a headless environment.

Regarding the [    getBBox()   ]  method and a piece of text within an SVG document that is NOT rendered and is in a headless environment such as a web application, is there any way, knowing the text point size and having the font (ttf) available to determine this bounding box using the batik software?

We have an [ SVGDocument ] in memory and thats it.

Many thanks for any response in advance, and Batik is working superbly well for us.

Andy

Andy Fendley BEng (Hons) MSc

Software Consultant

LinkedIN: profile