From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: mismatch between pdf and png
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 10:25:28 GMT

XSL:FO acts like a template library similar to FreeMarker or Velocity substiuting in values
for  attributes to FOP elements and then generating the PDF based on the parameters you supplied

so  blaming FOP for incorrect params  you supply in all probability wont solve this particular
problem

if PDF is  generated from SVG then i would suggest concentrate on the SVG to PDF generation

if after dissecting SVG to PDF generator you are  still calling No Joy for generating your
PDF  then you can write your own converter

Martin Gainty
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

From: dsrogers@hp.com
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: mismatch between pdf and png
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:12:57 +0000

I’ve done more research on this, (though I haven’t gotten a solid response from the list
yet).  I’ve managed to upgrade to FOP 1.1 in order to nail down if it was a bug in the embedded
version of FOP.

Here is what I mean.  The PDF and PNG were both generated from the SVG.  They don’t match.
 The PNG matches what I see in Chrome.  The PDF does not.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsRlY0UjAzLWNqODA/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmscmFxMnpSQ2p3Z3c/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsM3JlZC0wRTlCbHM/edit?usp=sharing

Is this a bug?  If it’s a bug, I’m happy to file…
--
Daniel