I’ve done more research on this, (though I haven’t gotten a solid response from the list yet).  I’ve managed to upgrade to FOP 1.1 in order to nail down if it was a bug in the embedded version of FOP.

Here is what I mean.  The PDF and PNG were both generated from the SVG.  They don’t match.  The PNG matches what I see in Chrome.  The PDF does not.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsRlY0UjAzLWNqODA/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmscmFxMnpSQ2p3Z3c/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsM3JlZC0wRTlCbHM/edit?usp=sharing

Is this a bug?  If it’s a bug, I’m happy to file…

--

Daniel