From Marius Schmidt <mar...@denktmit.de>
Subject Re: Convert stroke to boollean unioned path
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:07:30 GMT
Hi Craig,

thanks a lot for your help, your advise seems to work for me so far. I
have some artifacts, but I get rid of them if I union the original image
area with the stroked image area, which gets me to the outline I wanted.

Kind regards,

Marius

Am 15.10.2013 13:04, schrieb Craig S. Kaplan:
> Marius,
>
> I don't think there's a way to do this directly in Batik, but Batik is written in Java
and Java offers some support for tracing paths.  If you can extract a java.awt.geom.Path2D
from Batik (and I think there's a way to do this, though the Batik source base might still
use the older GeneralPath class), then you can define a java.awt.Stroke object (for example,
a BasicStroke) and invoke its createStrokedShape method passing in the Path2D as an argument.
 That Stroked Shape is the enclosing path that you're looking for.  If you need to compute
booleans on Shapes, you can use the java.awt.geom.Area class.  I can't speak to how reliable
and robust their code is, but I've used it a couple of times in the past without a problem.