Can anyone comment on this?  I searched for any previous discussions on this topic and couldn’t find any.  Surely such a consideration has to be made for the long-term plans for Batik?

From: Lucan1d Beetle [mailto:lucan1d@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 9:27 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Batik and JavaFX?

Apologies if this has been asked before…

Now that Swing/Java2D has been “deprecated” (at least in the sense that no further development or bug fixes will be applied) and that JavaFX has been officially endorsed by Oracle as the way forward for Java-based UI development, are there any plans to implement the rendering engine of Batik in JavaFX?

For those that are not aware, JavaFX is currently at the version 2.x release and JavaFX 8 will be released as part of Java 8 in early 2014.  It is hardware-accelerated and actually performs very well.  It has several capabilities not found in either Swing or Java2D and is well worth a look.

I am thinking that a “SVG control” could easily be added to JavaFX which would permit the embedding of the millions of existing SVG files as nodes in a JavaFX scene graph.  Awesome!

Cheers,

-jct