From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Columns
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:48:36 GMT
At 01:41 PM 10/4/01 +0200, Sam Prokop wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I´ve got the following Problem, i want to create a page, that has a
>different number of columns, for example it starts with 2 columns than
>only one and than 4.
>But i can only define columns in "region-body" and there can be only one
>region-body in a simple-page-master.
>I don´t want to give an absolute value for the height of the
>multicolumn-block.
>
>So is there another way to do multicolumns?

If you are relying on 'column-count' on 'region-body', no, you are stuck
with that one figure, as you surmised. This is an XSL limitation. So on one
page you can have areas with one column and 'column-count' columns,
depending on how you set 'span', but that is it - 2 choices.

You might be able to do something clever if you also introduce tables.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)