From "Edward Dowgiallo" <edowg...@ptdprolog.net>
Subject fo:inline error
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:00:43 GMT
This may be an error or I may just not understand how this is supposed to work.

In the following segment from a stylesheet, the starting and ending marker values are concatenated
together with no spacing between them and the whole thing is left justified. Isn't fo:inline
supposed to allow me to force part of the text to the other end of the line? I basically would
like the starting marker value to be left justified and the ending marker value to be right
justified.

        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
          <fo:block font-family="Helvetica" font-size="10pt" text-align="start">
            <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle" retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
            <fo:inline text-align="end">
              <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="battle" retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page"/>
            </fo:inline>
          </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>

I have run into the same problem when trying to right justify the page number in a multi-column
table of contents.

Thank you,
Ed