From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: True Type Fonts in Fop
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:19:51 GMT

When Fop is creating a PDF file by default it supports all inbuilt pdf
fonts.
ie.
Helvetica
HelveticaOblique
HelveticaBold
HelveticaBoldOblique
TimesRoman
TimesItalic
TimesBold
TimesBoldItalic
Courier
CourierOblique
CourierBold
CourierBoldOblique
Symbol
ZapfDingbats

Obviously it defaults to a particular font. (note: Acrobat may decide to
substitute some fonts)
You can also embed extra fonts if you have the type1 or true type font
file. As Sam Prokop was doing. It may not be working due to some setup
error.

The fonts supported depend on the output format.

The number and type of fonts that are supported is up to the processor.
"the standard" does not specify what fonts should be supported.