From d.@netnord.dk (Dennis Thrysoe - Netnord A/S)
Subject Character entities
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:27:18 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed some mails on this list where it is suggested to use
character references such as © for outputting special characters.

This seems to work fine with FOP alone, when it takes care of the XSLT
processing.

If I run the XML through Xalan 2 via my own script first the entities
are converted to things like © in the output FO, though. That is a
problem.

Does anybody have an idea of how I can make Xalan output character entities.

I instantiate the Transformer via
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl(). Would it help to
use, for instance, TRAX?

TIA,

-dennis