From jthaeml...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Re: True Type Fonts in Fop
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:59:42 GMT

They were Type 1 PFM fonts.  They looked fine when they were viewed with
Acrobat on NeoWare Linux.  But they would not print (standard Linux lpr
poscript was used).

JohnPT

                    fop-user-return-152-jthaemlitz=oreillyauto.com@XML.

                    APACHE.ORG                                                To:     fop-user@xml.apache.org

                                                                              cc:

                    12/17/01 02:25 AM                                         Subject:
 Re: True Type Fonts in Fop
                    Please respond to fop-user

On 2001.12.14 18:05 jthaemlitz@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> We noticed that when fonts are embeded by FOP they are imported with
> "Windows" encoding (in Adobe File->Document Info.->Fonts...).  If you use
> Adobe tool to embeded a font it's encoding is "Built-in" (or something to
> that effect).  We found our Unix boxes needed things tweaked,similar to
> whats described by Chuck below, to make the FOP embeded fonts work.  The
> "Windows" encoding happened even if the FOP processing was run on a
> non-Windows computer.
>
> I still don't get why that works like that.  A clean solution to this
> would
> be something nice for the documentation library :)
>
> JohnPT

I there is precise information then it should be documented.

What type of font were you embedding, was it a windows font. Could it be
possible that the font cannot be used on another platform.
The fonts are embedded, they are not converted.