From Chuck Paussa <Chuck.Pau...@systems.dhl.com>
Subject Re: Help to get started in a servlet
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:27:06 GMT
Chinn, Gale wrote:

>I am new to fop and can get it to run command line, but would like to get it
>to run in a servlet.
>I have followed the info on fop's embedding page using fop.war file in the
>webapps directory of Tomcat on ver 3.2 and 4, but cannot get it to work
>using:
>http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?fo=... or
>http://localhost:8080/fop/servlet/fop?fo=...
>
>I would just like to get a simple pdf to come back to my browser to prove a
>point to my group leader.  Any help would be appreciated
>
>TIA,
>
>Gale Chinn
>Programmer/Analyst
>Cessna Aircraft Company
>Wichita, KS

Gale,

I dropped in the WAR, put my .fo file into /webapps and called the
servlet with

http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?fo=../webapps/test.fo
or
http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?xml=../webapps/test.xml&xsl=../webapps/test.xsl

notice the ../ at the beginning of the path to the files. That's because
the default root path for files in tomcat is /bin so you have to start
the relative path from there.

Chuck