From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: page sequencing
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:00:46 GMT
Nathan Shaw wrote:
> Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have looked all over the
> archives and web and have not found an answer yet.
>
> I am using FOP 0.20.1 and would like to use a
> different footer for 1) the first page 2) all body
> pages and 3) the last page.

This is what fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives and
fo:conditional-page-master-reference are made for:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_repeatable-page-master-alternatives
You still have to define three simple page masters,
even if all the sizes and margins are the same, because
your regions need to have different names in order to
get different content assigned.
You'll be a bit disappointed to hear that the "last"
condition is not yet implemented in FOP so you'll be
better off to stick with an already working solution.

> <!-- I have title in here, but it does not seem to
> work -->
As stated in docs/html-docs/implemented.html:
   Not implemented: ... title
This is not a serious restriction because of:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_title
"The fo:title formatting object is used to associate a
  title with a given page-sequence. This title may be used
  by an interactive User Agent to identify the pages. For
  example, the content of the fo:title can be formatted
  and displayed in a "title" window or in a "tool tip".
This is not relevant for printed docs. If you want to
have a title in your final document, put it in a fo:block.
Tat's waht gets finally printed.

> <!--tried to put in a header, but you cannot align
> things both left and right in FOP
You can. Use a table:
  <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
   <fo:table font-size="8pt" font-family="sans-serif" width="7in">
     <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
     <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
     <fo:table-body>
       <fo:table-row>
         <fo:table-cell>
            <fo:block text-align="start">Office of Biological and Physical Research</fo:block>
         </fo:table-cell>
         <fo:table-cell>
            <fo:block text-align="end">Space Research Update</fo:block>
         </fo:table-cell>
       </fo:table-row>
     </fo:table-body>
   </fo:table>
  </fo:static-content>
You may have to fine tune the column width a bit.

J.Pietschmann