From Cyril Rognon <crog...@objectiva.fr>
Subject Re: speed
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:11:47 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering how slow your FOP project is. Could you give us some figures
please ?

We are rendering 20 to 500 pages documents with a 1,5 or 2 pages per
seconds rate. This speed is convenient for the use we make of FOP.

We have many long tables in our documents, and a few images.

What about you ?

About the threading request : if FOP process uses most of the CPU, it would
not be usefull to multiply the used threads.
You could achieve something if you part your FO source and spread it across
a pool of FOP server that would handle each part and then merge the
resulting files into one (using iText or some other pdf package).

Hope that helps.

Cyril