From Cyril Rognon <crog...@objectiva.fr>
Subject RE: speed
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:39:32 GMT
Ok, this is slow figures.

We have much longer tables and yet we do not have such low rate. Do you
have forward reference ? For instance, do you have the famous page X of Y
in your page footer ?

Long tables and forward references are the two FOP speed issues. You have
to cut your table to pieces and put each part in a separate page-sequence.
It helps a lot.

As for forward Reference, you have the choice to wait for the redesign to
use streamed PDF (if they intend to) of you may use some 'little-dirty'
workaround : Do not use forward ref, if you have a TOC at the head, put it
at the end and swap it back to the head with iText. If you are using Page X
of Y, do not use the <page-number-citation> but write the total number of
pages yourself using iText once again.

This is not "by the book" rules.

This is workaround.

Redisign will save us all (Keiron, hear us ! :) )

cheers

Cyril