From Alex McLintock <a...@OWAL.co.uk>
Subject Re: FOP fails on Linux, but not on Windows
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:16:05 GMT
At 09:52 03/12/02, Kevin Flynn wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a document that causes FOP to fail when run on our Linux build
>system, but works OK on my Windows machine. We use FOP 0.20.4 on both
>machines.
>
>It fails with the following errors:
>
>      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't
>connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY
>variable.

Isn't that self explanatory? Oh well.

Java (and in particular Batik) uses the XWindows engine to do some graphics
processing. In essence FOP is trying to talk to XWindows and can't,
presumably because it isn't running at all. You can either run an XWindows
server, or a cut-down XWindows server.

If you are using JDK1.4 you might be able to tell it that you are running
without XWindows.

http://www.owal.co.uk/cgi-bin/fopfaq.cgi#__960

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/