From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Different JRE versions' affect on extent/margin(s)
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:32:48 GMT
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>
>> In testing my application, I've noticed that different JRE's produce
>> differing FOP output. Specifically, Java 1.3.1_04 tends to require
>> more space for region-before & region-after than Java 1.4.1_01. If I
>> use the 1.4.1 extents/margin(s) with 1.3.1, I get a "Some static text
>> did not fit" error, and it prints on the next page (if there is
>> one--FOPpers know the drill :-). If I use the 1.3.1 extents/margin(s)
>> wwith 1.4.1, I end up with incorrect region-before/after, leaving
>> 1-2cm of white-space around region-body.
>
> Which renderer are you using? Anyway provide full test case to reproduce
> the problem.

I am using FOP-0.20.4, although I've noticed the same problem with
0.20.5rc as well. Is that what you mean?

Wait. I'm rendering to "-print".

I've also noticed that when I render to -pdf, I have similar differences
from when I render to -print (i.e., region-before/after margin(s) are off.
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com