From Schmidt Soren <Soren.Schm...@softwareag.com>
Subject Encryption and download of th binary version
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:04:57 GMT
Hello,

First of all: FOP is great, thank you developpers!

My question:
The binary version is compiled using JDK 1.3 or JDK 1.4?

I am asking this question because I normally use the binary versions but now
I am reading in the chapter "PDF encryption" of FOP:
"In order to use PDF encryption, FOP has to be compiled with cryptography
support. Currently, only JCE is supported. JCE is part of JDK 1.4. For
earlier JDKs, it can be installed separately."

If the binary version is jdk 1.3 the users of pdf encryption can't use FOP
"out of the box" but they have to download the source. Am I right?

Thanks
Sören