From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Corner drawing (Was: Spurious space between table-header and table header.)
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:45:24 GMT

On 30.06.2003 14:32:30 jaccoud wrote:
> BTW: Jeremias, are the borders realy suposed to look like
> +----------------------------------
> |

> +---+------------------------------
> |   |
> |   |
> |   |

> ?
>
> Shouldn't it be like this:
>
> +----------------------------------
> |\
> | \
> |  \
> |   +------------------------------
> |   |
> |   |
> |   |

> ?

I don't know. There are people around more knowledgable about the XSL-FO
specs who can probably answer that.

> The latter is used by CSS, and I could not find this specific topic in the
> FO spec.

Neither could I. But XSL-FO often refers to CSS. So maybe you're right.

> Is this a PDF limitation? I becomes important for thick borders of
> different colors, when trying to simulate a 3d-effect. ( or 3-deffect :-)

Not a PDF limitation. More an implementation detail. Something that
eventually needs to be fixed, maybe.

Jeremias Maerki