From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: JPEG images in Postscript
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:26:20 GMT

On 02.07.2003 11:06:35 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Thanks for the update Jeremias. I would be grateful if you could shed any
> light on this.
>
> One thing I dont understand is what is different about the JPEG files I am
> using, compared to the ones you mentioned that you used in testing (in past
> threads on this)

Your JPEGs contain a section of zeros at the end. I haven't looked
closel, yet, but maybe it's a transparency map. The zeros result in a
lot of "zzzzzzzz" in the PS code due to ASCII-85 encoding. I'll have to
find out what's happening.

> PSP reports that my JPEGs are 24 bit/pixel and JFIF compliant. Should I
> convert JPEG to different color depth and/or sub format?

As a workaround you could open the JPEG in another editor and save them
again. Maybe that helps. But in theory, your JPEGs are fine.

Jeremias Maerki