From "Burge David A (Contractor) (PKI)" <david.bu...@us.army.mil>
Subject SVG and Transparent Colors
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:31:50 GMT
I have a SVG file that contains transparent colors that I wanted to place
into a PDF file with the understanding that transparency is not currently
supported in FOP.  I used the command "java
org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main -m application/pdf document.svg" to
convert to PDF.  To my supprise the transparent colors were correctly placed
into the PDF file.  I noticed batik has the jar file pdf-transcoder.jar in
its lib directory.  The jar file looks like a subset of the fop.jar file.  I
removed that file and replaced it with fop.jar, reran the rasterizer and
created a PDF file with the transparent colors now opaque.
Why is this fuctionality available in the batik distribution but not in FOP?
batik 1.5beta5
fop 0.20.5