From Klaas_B...@inventivedesigners.com
Subject Re: Bug span="all" ??
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:54:41 GMT

"J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@yahoo.de> wrote on 2003-07-03 21:11:41:

> > It would be find if  somebody could help me?
>
> Just ensure blocks spanning the columns are not children of
> a block with some content whiuc does not span the columns.

Formatting objects carrying the property "span" will always have to be
direct descendants of fo:flow. Otherwise, the span property will not have
effect.
Quote from XSL spec:
----------
Section 7.20.4: "Span"
This only has effect on areas returned by a flow; e.g. block-areas
generated by fo:block children of an fo:flow. Children and further
descendants of these areas take on the spanning characteristic of their
parent.

Best regards,
-----
Klaas Bals  -  Scriptura Development Manager

Scriptura - a WYSIWYG XSL-FO editor: www.scriptura-xsl.com

Inventive Designers
Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Klaas_Bals at inventivedesigners dot com