From Jignesh-NX01880 Kapadia <Jignesh.Kapa...@us.michelin.com>
Subject Re:Using values from a different XML as attribute values
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:34:34 GMT

Hi,
         I have a question on FOP. Here we are generating a .PDF file ussing a
PDF servlet. The out out contains sometimes a blank page in between and also
some of the pages are duplicated. I went through the code but could not find out
what pattent causes it.

Also we get a blank page at the end of .PDF generation.

have anybody run accross the same problem? can anybody suggest any solution?

Thanks,

Jignesh

Subject:    Using values from a different XML as attribute values
Author: mavlaabhi@yahoo.com
Date:       10/8/2003 12:54 PM

Hi,
I know this list is mainly for FOP questions. My
question in mainly related to XSLT but I am posting
this just in case if anyone has done what I am trying
to achieve.
I dont really know if what I have in mind is feasible.
I have a stylesheet that is used for a number of
documents. This stylesheet is used to generate PDF
using FOP. Hence I am setting various attribute values
such as page size, margins, font-size, font-family etc
in the stylesheet.
What I would like to know is that is there a way to
get the values of these paramters from another XML
file dynamically. I mean depending on the attribute
values in the XML I want to conver to PDF I would like
to get values from another XML for the above mentioned
attributes. I think this is like opening a XML file
through XSL and accessing the content in the XML.
I would like to know if this is feasible and if anyone
has tried something similar.
Thanks,
Abhi