From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Spacing modifiers
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:56:13 GMT
Etienne Baert wrote:
> Is it possible to use spacing modifier characters with FOP ?
> I would like to have such a character in my pdf document:
> - a greek sigma letter with 2 as superscript, n as subscript and a bar
> on top of the letter.
> and I would it inline with the surrounded text.
>
> How can I achieve this ?

According to the XSL-FO spec, this should be possible with "baseline-shift":

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#area-alignment

The above link shows how it should be formatted in your XSL-FO markup.
Unfortunately, the FOP Compliance page shows that this property has not
been implemented:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-baseline-shift

Just the same, you might want to try it and see if it works. If this
doesn't work for you, try using SVG or creating a graphic of the text,
and referencing that.

Good luck!

Web Maestro Clay