From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: less than 100% opaque svg graphic
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:52:10 GMT
My reply was not meant as any sort of confirmation per se. By no means
do I consider myself an authority on FOP. My "experience" is limited to
reading this list, and having used FOP since shortly after fop-0.20.4
was released (about a year & a half or so).

Although I haven't used iText myself (I haven't had the need to *yet*
;-p),  I don't believe it parses XML. Instead, I believe it goes through
PDF documents. I suspect you would complete your PDF transformation as
normal using FOP, and then parse the PDF to modify your chart graphics.

BTW, (somewhat OT) having used the Excel portion of Microsoft Office v.X
for Mac, I can attest that it does a beautiful job of creating the kind
of charting transparency you describe. I believe they are exportable as
JPG, TIFF or PDF documents as well. If this would help, then you might
be able to use iText or some PDF concatenator (Combine PDF on Mac OS X)
to insert it into your PDF file.

Hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay