From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: FOP With Hebrew
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:09:44 GMT
This is *great* news (although I currently don't have use for it). As
always, the "maintenance" version (0.20.5) is probably the most widely
used, but it is the "DEV" version (trunk--1.0Dev) which is most "worthy"
of the addition.

Rodolfo M. Raya wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 12:00, Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
>
>>Markus Schutz wrote:
>>

>>>Alas, I don't know any remedy, perhaps somebody else has found a workaround.
>>
>>I have BIDI-aware version, but it's based on FOP 0.20.4RC and works only
>>with JDK 1.2-1.3. It would be nice to get it in sync with current FOP
>>release, but I have no time unfortunately.
>
> Hi,
>
> I took Oleg's code and added support for Arabic and Farsi. My version
> works with java 1.4.x .
>
> I want to donate my changes to FOP community and management staff in
> my company agrees with this.

Glad to hear your company is interested in contributing to the Open
Source "movement"... Is your company aware that they may be entitled to
tax benefits for their/your "donation"?

> It would be great if someone tells me how/when/where to contribute my
> code.

fop-dev@xml.apache.org is a good place to start!

;-p