From Ben Galbraith <bgalbra...@amirsys.com>
Subject Re: CMKY
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:05:45 GMT
Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> Don't know what other opinions there are WRT this issue...

FOP does support CMYK JPEGs -- there's a previous thread on this issue
that I participated in that should document it fairly well.

XSL-FO may provide support for CMYK through its color space features;
haven't studied it enough to grok it, not sure.

FOP doesn't not support CMYK for the elements it renders.  However, I've
found that post-processing the PDF is actually fairly straight-forward
and enables introduction of both spot colors and CMYK colors.  This
process involves searching through each object in the PDF and replacing
the RGB commands (PDF: rg/RG) with CMYK (PDF: k/K) or color space (PDF:
cs/CS, scn/SCN) commands.  It seemed scary at first, but actually not
that bad.  If anyone has interest in learning more about this technique,
let me know.

Ben