From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject RE: Using values from a different XML as attribute values
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:06:18 GMT
I see that you cross-posted this to the XSL list (not considered good form), but you can find
many examples of doing what you want to do on that list's archives. Search for the 'document()'
function.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

-----Original Message-----
Sent:     Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
To:       fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject:  Using values from a different XML as attribute values

Hi,
I know this list is mainly for FOP questions. My
question in mainly related to XSLT but I am posting
this just in case if anyone has done what I am trying
to achieve.
I dont really know if what I have in mind is feasible.
I have a stylesheet that is used for a number of
documents. This stylesheet is used to generate PDF
using FOP. Hence I am setting various attribute values
such as page size, margins, font-size, font-family etc
in the stylesheet.
What I would like to know is that is there a way to
get the values of these paramters from another XML
file dynamically. I mean depending on the attribute
values in the XML I want to conver to PDF I would like
to get values from another XML for the above mentioned
attributes. I think this is like opening a XML file
through XSL and accessing the content in the XML.
I would like to know if this is feasible and if anyone
has tried something similar.
Thanks,
Abhi