From "Chris Bowditch" <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Select Printer with Print-Renderer
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:54:35 GMT
>From: "Benjamin Wischek" <benjamin.wischek@epost.de>
>
>Ah, ok. But how did you realize the print output with 1.3 ? I have to use
>the windows-spooler in order to have some kind of error-management.

I just open a Byte stream to our printer via TCP/IP. I didnt need to worry
about using windows or even unix print/error management. If you want to
present a list of printers installed on the O/S to the user you are going to
have to use Java 1.4. If you cant use Java 1.4 then you are stuck with using
the default printer or use TCP/IP, where the user specifies either a UNC
name or TCP/IP address and Port.

Chris