From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: CMKY
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:29:27 GMT

<snip/>

> >Does it support at embedded SVG level too?

I seem to remember a thread (one or two weeks ago) in which someone had a
problem with CMYK embedded SVG... Came down to the following: SVG itself
does not support CMYK, so logically embedded SVG won't either. Try embedding
a CMYK JPEG in SVG: result is blank in standard SVG Viewers. You can,
however, rasterize a new CMYK JPEG out of the original. The latter will be
properly rendered in FOP.

Embedded SVG is treated as SVG, and since SVG doesn't support CMYK, it's
only logical that an embedded SVG in XSL-FO containing an embedded JPEG will
not be rendered fully... (according to me, behaviour should stay this way -
at the most FOP *could* be modified so that CMYK JPEGs embedded in embedded
SVG are rasterized to JPEG before actually being inserted in the result
document).

Don't know what other opinions there are WRT this issue...

Anyone?

Greetz,

Andreas Delmelle