From Markus Schutz <markus.schu...@datadax.de>
Subject RE: FOP With Hebrew
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:18:49 GMT
As far as I know, FOP does not support bidi languages such as Hebrew and
Arabic.
Please refer to http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html and look for
attributes such as "writing-mode". You will see that this attribute is not
supportes, thus allowing only for left-to-right and top-to-bottom modes.
Alas, I don't know any remedy, perhaps somebody else has found a workaround.

Regards,
Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Shlomi Fish [mailto:shlomif@012.net.il]
Sent: Montag, 6. Oktober 2003 13:48
To: FOP Users
Subject: FOP With Hebrew

I tried to convert the Attached DocBook document to PDF using FOP and the
Hebrew came in reverse. Is it a problem of FOP or of DocBook. (the XSL-FO is
also attached)

If it is a problem with FOP, when is it planned to be resolved and what can
do to help?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@iglu.org.il