From "Adam Shelley" <ashel...@inlandkwbc.com>
Subject RE: less than 100% opaque svg graphic
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:34:06 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for the confirmation.  I will most likely not be doing development in
this area to solve the problem cause its going to cause too much overhead
having to parse the source xml document(<=2MB) multiple times and doing
multiple translations on it.  Is there a way to import an svg into fop
produced pdf and have batik render it into a .tiff or .jpg with the opacity
looking correctly instead of translating it to pdf 2D vectors?

The only reason I want to modify this value is because I'm going to be
assigning barcharts specific colours and I would like to automagically have
the previous year's figures a slightly modified version of the colour used
to display the current year's statistics.  I was thinking about modifying
the opacity to a lesser value to dim the colour but I'm sure there are other
ways to do this.  I could probably calculate the hex value appropriately and
do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Clay Leeds [mailto:cleeds@medata.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:50 PM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: less than 100% opaque svg graphic

Adam Shelley wrote:
> I'm am using svg's in pdf's created by fop and I was wondering if there
was
> anyway to do less than 100% opaque graphics in the output pdf document.  I
> hit the archives and couldn't find any particular issue addressing this.

I suspect it is not possible to do it with FOP. However, it should be
possible using a combination of iText and a little bit of advanced PDF
spec knowledge. This page on the FOP web site has links to everything
you probably will need:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

We'd appreciate learning from your experiences, including what works and
doesn't work! Please report back and let us know what you've found.

Web Maestro Clay