From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: Converting to uppercaseusing text-transform
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:49:41 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Abhijit Junnare wrote:
> > I looked through the FOP documentation and it says
> > that the text-transform property is NOT yet
> > implemented in FOP. I am wondering if there is any
> > chance that this will be implemented in FOP and if yes
> > how long would it take.
>
> The spec itself recommends against using this feature. Uppercasing
> arbitrary Unicode letters is a quite non-trivial task.

There are some use cases where it is very helpful to have this feature
(titles of books and chapters for example). It has been implemented in the
trunk, a bit klunkily and needing work, but the basics should work. I would
be glad for people to use it and test it and let us know of exceptions to
the structure that is there.

Victor Mote