From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: fop to rtf
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 05:19:13 GMT
Just so we are clear on one thing: The RTF output support in FOP (CVS
HEAD) does not require the new layout engine currently under development.
That's why it's already usable today. For output formats like PDF and
PostScript you have to give as some more time to produce something
"usable". :-) Or better yet, come and help us in the development. There
are a number of places where interested parties can help, even without
having to deal with the complexities of the layout engine.

BTW, currently we don't have anyone maintaining the RTF support. It's a
priority for me but I'm drowned in work on the more important layout
engine. Still, I'd be happy to help anyone who would like to improve on
the RTF support (or any other part for that matter).

On 07.05.2005 03:25:58 Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > If you download the source code from CVS (tag: HEAD) and compile FOP
> > you can already try today. But there's no official release, yet, and
> > the code might need some additional work. But it does something! :-)
> > So try it.
>
> This is VERY exciting!

Jeremias Maerki