From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Correct legal wording for mentioning FOP?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 06:55:39 GMT
The ASF (Apache Software Foundation) does not register trademarks,
usually. Still, these are "trademarks", so if you want to refer to FOP
properly, please use "Apache FOP". Apache FOP is a product of the
"Apache XML Graphics project".

I don't think you need to list the ASF's trademarks as you have to do
with Sun's, but thanks for checking back with us.

On 17.05.2005 22:19:16 JBryant wrote:
> Hi, gang,
>
> I'm writing a case study about how I produced a 1700-page PDF description
> of a database with FOP (and 1300+ HTML files with Saxon 8). Naturally, I
> want to get the legal bit at the bottom of the page right. My editor can
> probably deal with it, but I'd rather help her out than make her puzzle it
> out herself (and I'd rather clear these small roadblocks that will slow
> the article being published). Besides, I don't want to trample the
> intellectual property of one of my favorite organizations
>
> So, what is the proper way to cite FOP? Sun requires "JavaHelp is a
> trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries." (I'm
> adding JavaHelp output to the system, too, by the way). Does FOP require
> something similar? If so, what is the approved wording?

Jeremias Maerki